The Gift of Giving

Red Trillium
oil on canvas, 12" x 12"

The green and red decorations from Christmas have been stored away until next year, yet the gift of giving really has no season. Red Trillium (the three petals make me think of the trinity)
hangs in the home of a woman, now friend, who appeared in my life to assist in 'lifting' me up to follow my dream. (See www.thewaveriders.com.) She was one, of numerous other family and friends - and some who did not even know me - in 2009, who sprinkled my life with their generosity. Thank-you for your kindness!
Yesterday I heard this story: A new friend told me about passing by a street musician the other day and hearing him say that it was his birthday the following day. Realizing his situation and that he was probably not going to be receiving even a birthday cake, she went home and with the help of her two teenage daughters and partner, they baked and decorated a cake. What a joyous celebration it was when they surprised him with their simple gift and shared in eating cake together on the street!
One can do no great thing, only small things with Great Love. Mother Theresa


Comments

Popular Posts